Creating your Apple Developer Account
Step 1: Set up two-factor authentication for your Apple ID
In order to set up an Apple Developer account, you will first need to turn on Two Factor Authentication. To do this, you will need an Apple device and Apple ID.
Note: If you don’t already have an Apple ID head to https://appleid.apple.com/account
How to turn on two-factor authentication
If you’re using iOS 10.3 or later:
- Go to Settings > [your name] > Password & Security.
- Tap Turn On Two-Factor Authentication.Tap Continue
If you’re using iOS 10.2 or earlier:
- Go to Settings > iCloud.
- Tap your Apple ID > Password & Security.
- Tap Turn On Two-Factor Authentication.
- Tap Continue.
- You might be asked to answer your Apple ID security questions.
Enter and verify your trusted phone number
Enter the phone number where you want to receive verification codes when you sign in. You can choose to receive the codes by text message or automated phone call.
When you tap Next, Apple sends a verification code to the phone number you provided.
Enter the verification code to verify your phone number and turn on two-factor authentication.
If you are using a MacBook or iMac:
- Go to Apple () menu > System Preferences > iCloud > Account Details.
- Click Security.
- Click Turn On Two-Factor Authentication.
Some Apple IDs created in iOS 10.3 or macOS 10.12.4 and later are protected with two-factor authentication by default. In this case, you see that two-factor authentication is already turned on.
If you already use two-step verification and want to update, turn it off, then turn on two-factor authentication.
Step 2: Login into your Apple Account
- Go to Developer.apple.com and log in using the developer ID you have used to set up two-factor authentication.
- Select ‘Join The Apple Developer Program’.
Step 3: Enrol In The Apple Developer Program
- Create your Apple Developer Account here: https://developer.apple.com/programs/ios
- Click ‘Enroll’.
- Read the information provided and click ‘Start Your Enrolment’.
- Confirm you have read and agree to the Apple Developer Agreement by checking the box and click ‘Submit’.
Choose your account type with Apple: (See below flow chart)
Confirm you have authority to sign legal agreements and enter your Organizational Information and click continue (if using an individual account please skip this step)
Once you have filled in all required information complete your purchase by providing payment and billing information.
Wait for an email from Apple Developer support confirming your enrollment is now active.